California Office of Digital Innovation
The Office of Digital Innovation uses people-centered design and technology to reimagine and deliver more equitable, effective services to Californians.
ODI is looking for creative and inspired people committed to making state government more accessible and effective for all Californians. We’re currently recruiting for:
Learn more about how to apply by watching this recording.
If this opportunity does not match your skill set, but you’re still interested in joining the team,sign up here to receive alerts about other opportunities as they become available. Learn more about the State of California employee offered, benefits and new hire onboarding information.
Notice of Intent to Award Click here for more information.
What we do
We focus on creating and delivering lasting change, not just quick fixes. Our approach starts by understanding what Californians need and how those needs are being met. We work with state agencies and departments to reimagine the processes, policies, and technology systems that problems are rooted in.
Build intuitive digital solutions like websites, data systems, and APIs, that make it easier to access state services.
Redesign how the state shows information, so all Californians can use it, understand it and get the resources they need.
Envision solutions that anticipate Californians’ needs and help them get assistance quickly and with minimal effort.
Gather and share data and insights about Californians’ needs and challenges to improve programs and policy.
Identify and eliminate inequity, exclusion, and bias in state program requirements, policies, and technical systems.
Equip state workers with the training and tools they need to understand people’s needs and create better services.
Streamline state processes by eliminating redundancy, automating steps and reducing paper-to-digital transfer.
Focus leaders’ attention on those issues and problems that matter most to Californians and recommend solutions.
Encourage data portability, collaboration, and transparency while protecting Californians’ security and privacy.
Some of our projects
We believe that both large-and small-scale change is essential if we’re going to transform how state government serves Californians. Our work reflects this..
Designing for people
With Alpha.ca.gov, we showed how user research, content design, and technology can make digital services easier to use.
When the info that comes up in a Google search is wrong, it’s a problem. So we’re showing departments how to make sure their info is right.
Equity in data
We’re setting a new standard for how government makes data available, ensuring it’s accessible and fast, a critical step toward increasing equity.
We’ve developed a new tool that anticipates and meets user needs by reviewing site searches, updating quick answer topics and content.
We’re using high-and low-tech methods to establish a new standard of accessibility.
We’re asking Californians directly about their needs, challenges and expectations, helping create a culture of data-driven decision making.
Who we are
We hire and develop cross-discipline staff with blended backgrounds in tech, design, data, policy, strategy, and research. Our team comes from within the public and private sector. We understand the intricacies of government services and programs. We bring empathy, curiosity, data, technology, and a host of other tools to identifying and solving problems.
- Britt Allen, Performance Analyst
- Chad Bratton, Head of IT
- Jim Bumgardner, Full Stack Developer
- Christian Crumlish, Product Manager
- Aaron Hans, Senior Developer
- Peggy Gartin, Content Designer
- Clara Gonzalez Sueyro, User Researcher
- Dave Guarino, Product Lead
- Konstantin Koryaka, Full Stack Developer
- Justin Lai, User Researcher
- Adam Little, Designer
- Laura Littlefield, Administration
- Jessica Lopez, Executive Fellow
- Jeffery Marino, Insights Product Lead
- Carter Medlin, Full Stack Developer
- Zakiya Khabir, Full Stack Developer
- Jon Jensen, Full Stack Developer
- Jared Yee, Product Manager
- Ehb Teng, Product Manager
- Zain Ali, Student Assistant
- Nick Polisner, Student Assistant
- Jenn Moran, Deputy Director, Talent
- Anne Neville-Bonilla, Chief Deputy Director
- JP Petrucione, Deputy Director, Communications and Insights
- Angelica “Angie” Quirarte, Deputy Director, Projects
- Rebecca Sanjabi, Data Engineer
- Chach Sikes, Full Stack Developer
- Michael Sullivan, Content Designer
- Debra Waltman, Administration Chief
California needs you
If you’re interested in building solutions to help solve problems like COVID-19 vaccine distribution, homelessness, or any of the many issues facing California today:Join our team